Sunday, January 23, 2011

TILDA IN THE SPRINGTIME

"I AM SO EXCITED, THIS CARD WAS A WINNER AT TOTALLY GORJUSS, #64 HOT! HOT! HOT!.

Happy Sunday everyone. I know that I have not been posting as much as I did last year and I am just trying to get some things under control. I spent so much time on the computer during the last year that there were many things in my life that totally went out of control. One of those things has been my weight. Another was my reading and journaling. I used to visit the library every week, I have not been once in the last year. I keep a journal and over the last year I seem to always be weeks and months behind on doing that. And since so much of my time was blog hopping, I found that I did not design projects as much as I wanted to. I was always wanting to try new techniques, but found that there was never enough time. So one of my goals for this year is to have a certain time to visit my favorite blogs and leave comments. And with my Design team duties, I have to be organized. I also want to find more time for some of the new techniques that I have been wanting to try. So please just bear with me. I am trying to get things worked out. Another thing that I will be doing this year is learning to use my new camera and (yes I was able to get registered for the photography class that I was looking at) I talked to the photographer and I have paid my money. The class will be starting in February and it is 3 sessions (3 weeks) for 3 hours each. They will be on Mondays. This particular photographer does a lot of field trips, so we will be spending a lot of time out in the field. This should be great. I will be working on a lot more scrapbook pages than cards. My card stash is huge and I don't see having to make cards for my family for the rest of the year and into the next. So since my photos have really been piling up and I have lots of new things that I will be photographing, I think that scrapbook layouts are the way for me to go. Plus, I have been buying a lot of items that I want to alter. So look for that in the near future.

Ok, I have a new project to share today and I will try to keep this short. I love Magnolia stamps and it has been a while since I have used any of them. Today my project is Tilda.. I am not sure what she is called, she was a gift and the name was not on the package. So if any body knows please tell me. My favorite place to buy Magnolia stamps is the Magnolia-licious Online Store which is owned by Diana Crick and her husband. The customer service is fabulous and I am looking to stop by and get a couple of the new Magnolia mini images. I have only seen a few of them but, they are just so cute. And I know I need to add a couple of them to my collection.

Now here is my card.


I don't use yellow very much but, with the cold and dreary weather that we have been having here in Alabama, I needed something to cheer me up. Just so you know I did not use my new camera to take this picture. I was in a hurry to get it done and I just used my old one. Since this image was colored with copics months ago I have not been able to find my notes on which I used. The base is bazzill and the 3 design papers are from the Basic Grey lemonade pad. I have to tell you that I love Basic Grey, but the lemonade pad is one of my favorites. (If you have a Big Lots store near you, you should know that they have been having basic grey assesories in stock since Christmas, I first saw them when I was in Georgia, then I was in the store here and found lots more. They have some brads, buttons and even had several clear stamps that I bought. so you should check it out if you like Basic Grey, the price is definitly right). Both sentiment stamps come from the same clear stamp set, and I have thrown the packaging away so I don't remember the maker, but it is a set that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I used the circle Spellbinders and the button flowers are from my stash. The color of them just went so perfect with my papers and the flower that Tilda is holding. The two yellow brads and the yellow ribbon is from my stash. The sketch is from Sketch Saturday.

4 Crafty Chicks 1 Ribbon, 2 brads and 3 patterned papers
Cute Card Thursday recipe 1, 2, 3
Simon Says Stamp Bingo (Brads, flowers, Ribbon)
Totally Gorjuss  Hot, Hot Hot
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Sentiment Challenge
Creative Craft Challenges Monochromatic madness

Well this is it for now. I will be back with another creation soon. Thanks for stopping by and I would love to read your comments.


24 comments:

  1. This is very sweet! Love the yellow...we need some warmth here too!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce, lovely card as Tilda is my favorite as well. You really are busy and I know what you mean about "time" - it does get ahead of us, doesn't it? The sentiment is great and you've colored Tilda magnificently. Great news about your photography class - it will be a treat to see your different projects. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful! I completely understand about needing to re-prioritize things! I am going throught the same thing! I am needing to find that balance! It is very difficult... so keep trying, you will get there! I promise! I can't wait to read about the things that you learn in your photography class! (The field trips will help with the weight, also! Two birds with one stone! I love it when it works out that way!) Good Luck and stay strong! Fight the tempation of the computer! Have a wonderful week! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow - it makes me smile because it so cheery. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! These lovely bright colors really make me think of springtime, even summertime! And, as you say, it is so cold outside...
    Your card is lovely. I don't know the name of the stamp but it is beautiful. Your coloring is great.
    hugs, iulia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely spring card! Tilda is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hapy colors! Very pretty card.
    Sandy Dehon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce it is adorable. I love the way you give your Tilda's ethnic skin! They are adorable. Pretty spring card that put a smile on my face!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, Joyce! I really love how you did her hair. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Joyce it has been a long time and I have been wondering where you have been.. I love your sweet card, makes me smile and love how you do your art work.. just wonderful... Take care and enjoy your photography.. but also make some cards...
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable and very springy! Thanks for joining us at MSL and hope to see you again soon. Maggies make great items in scrapbook layouts too!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joynana,
    She is a beauty! you've colored little Miss Tilda perfectly! Great job and thanks so much for sharing.
    Happy Monday~
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great "hot" card. Thanks for us at TG this week
    hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joyce, your card is adorable and beautifully colored. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet Tilda. Love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This project is such a sweet card Joy!! Love the bright and cheery coloring. Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card! Thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, I thought Google was not cooperating with me again... I hope you find some balance so you can keep making awesome cards like this one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh she is just darling! our coloring is just amazing and I love the pattern paper and flowers. Thank you so much for sharing this cutie with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks. Hope we see you next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very Sweet card, I don't think I have ever seen this Tilda, she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute card!! Love the Tilda!

    Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday, hope to see you again!

    Leonie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow lovin it,
    i have candy on my blog if you would like to pop over have a nosey,

    hugs sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.