Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tilda with wreath

Why is it that when you work all week the time drags on by? But, when you are doing something that is fun and which you have a great love for the time comes and goes fast enough to make your head spin? Anybody with the answer to these mysteries of life please let me know.

Today I have 2 cards from the same stamp. Tilda holding a wreath. I wasn't sure about the one that is colored with gray copics because the colors are more muted and I love bright jewel tones. but here they are. The images are colored with my copics which I am becoming more comfortable with and the red on the wreaths is xmas red stickles, I also used stickles on the wings. The paper used on the gray card is some that my daughter sent me this summer from the Michaels that was closed back home in Illinois. The paper reminded me of the colors of 1900's so I thought that they had a vintage look. The blue and whites of the other card are from Hobby Lobby's Paper Studio. The red flowers are from Michaels and the white and blue flowers are from my stash from Big Lots. The Tilda on the gray card was cut out and I used pop dots to raise her up. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. On the blue card I used the snowflake embossing folder from Cuttlebug.




13 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I LOVE that blue!!! It's very striking! You did a fabulous job on them both! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, both cards are so pretty! you did a great job on them!!
    Hugs
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Holiday cards! I love the layout--and Tilda is so elegant & pretty!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on both cards...I love blues for Christmas besides the traditional red and green. See what just one stamp can do? Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job on both your cards. What a darling image and beautifully colored. Super job on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both cards. That blue is delicious!!
    Great work :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cards, especially the blue one.
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, YOu have been a busy girl! I love both of the cards! Did you get the videos I emailed you? I haven't done much card making this week, You know why? I have been cleaning my house so my stamping friend can come over!
    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your cards Joyce! Great job with your coloring and a very pretty layout on both cards!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are beautiful, wonderful colouring. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! these are both great! I love that you did similar cards in different colors and ended up with 2 uniquely wonderful cards! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce, both cards are beautiful. This Tilda is one of my favorite christmas ones. Wonderful colouring and love the colours.

    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Joyce you did a beautiful job on both your cards. You are really getting great at those copics. I guess I need to practice more huh>
    hugs,
    Pam
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.