Sunday, November 1, 2009
White Birthday card featuring Tilda with birthday cake
I can't beleive that I am back so soon with another posting. But, here I am. This time with a Magnolia stamp of Tilda with a birthday cake. I did not realize that this would be so much fun. I certainly never saw myself as a blogger, but as I said before, here I am.
My card tonight is all white, the textured paper is by Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby as is the organdi ribbon. The white snowflake brads are from Michaels. Just so you know, these are the only 2 stores that have a large selections of scrapbook and card making products. Anyway, the flowers were $1 from Big Lots, every now and then they have some really nice items for very little money.
After coloring Tilda with my Copic pens, I used my new Spica glitter pens to go over her dress to make it shimmer. I also used them on the cake and her socks. My Cuttlebug was used to texturize the paper to which I pop dotted Tilda to it to make her stand out. The birthday greeting was cut with my Cricut and then I coated the words with VersaMark and sprinkled crystal snow on top to make them glitter. I find myself trying all kinds of new things to make my projects look better.
I am still learning the best settings on my camera and the best lighting in my rooms to get the best shots. So please bear with me. I will get better. I hope you like it. Please leave your comments, I enjoy hearing from you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This card is very striking with the beautifully colored Tilda against the all white card! Love the embossing too! Great card! hugs!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done and very elegent in the white. The embossing really make a wonderful setting for your gorgeous Tilda...
ReplyDeleteWow I really like that card just perfect !
ReplyDeleteTFS
Hugs
A White Wonderland of loveliness! Love all the white embellies & the fabulously cute image!
ReplyDeletehugz,
Suzanne
Oh My heavens! Look at you go! What a gorgeous card! I love all of the special touches on your card. I told this stuff was addicting!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Pam
httP://stampsinc.blogspot.com/
WOW super card, love the white background and the pretty Tilda!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Patricia
Joyce, this is a stunning card....the white and a touch of brightness on the image is beautiful!!! Lovely...Hugs..Jacque
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous birthday card! Little Tilda looks smashing! And I love all of your details - That beautiful ribbon, the embossing, the brads, and those awesome flowers. I check out Big Lots all the time - your got a great deal on those flowers! Fantastic work! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create.
ReplyDeletexx-Deanne and the entire Colour Create Team
Hi Joyce,
ReplyDeleteYour card is so striking all in white except Tilda. Love the embossing.
Hugs, Candy
WOW lovely card love the embossing and Tilda is beautifully coloured.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining COlour Create this week.
DI xxxx
Wow what a pretty card abd love that image on the white!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining us at Color Create. hugzzzzzz
pretty textures and cute card!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Cabio