Happy Friday everyone. I am soooo glad that this work week has come to an end. I feel like I have worked way more than forty hours. Don't get me wrong, I really do love my job. It has so much variety and challenges. But, when my personal life gets as busy at it has been. I start wishing for some time to relax, like now. I have been off work since 1 pm. I had a few errands to run and then came home and made a late lunch. Now that I have eaten, I can get my card posted. This morning was a rush, I hit the snooze on the alarm way to many times and then I was rushing to get to work by 7 am. This is so unlike me.
But, on to the reason that I am here. This being Friday, it is time for another challenge over at Tellen's Place and this week we want to see a card for the MALE of our species. I don't have to make many cards for the males around me. My son is so easy to please and he is the only one in my immediate family that I send cards to. I have a daughter and 4 granddaughters and they all are girly and loves lots of ribbons and bows and bling. So when I have to change my pace and not use the bling bling, I have a hard time. And it takes me twice as long to get a project finished. But, I finally did finish and here it is.
But, on to the reason that I am here. This being Friday, it is time for another challenge over at Tellen's Place and this week we want to see a card for the MALE of our species. I don't have to make many cards for the males around me. My son is so easy to please and he is the only one in my immediate family that I send cards to. I have a daughter and 4 granddaughters and they all are girly and loves lots of ribbons and bows and bling. So when I have to change my pace and not use the bling bling, I have a hard time. And it takes me twice as long to get a project finished. But, I finally did finish and here it is.
In stead of making a card that I won't necessarily use, I decided to put this in an art journal. I have made so many cards in the last year and given so many away. But, I still have enough to get me through the year. So unless I get a request for something special or specific, I will be putting my designs in this journal. The image is Edward and he loves his skateboard. I thought he needed a neighborhood to ride around in. Edward is colored with copics E11, E13, B00, B01, B02, B02, B06, E40, E41, W3 on the skateboard and then I went over it with a silver gel pen. the movement lines was made with a white gel pen and the silver. The sentiment was done on my computer. The paper is a piece that I had left over from another project and I think I got it at Hobby Lobby. It had different designs on both sides. I liked the houses and the trees and that was why I bought it. I am going to have to try and find a couple of more sheets someplace. The dark blue paper was embossed with the Tim Holtz checkerboard embossing folder. That is it for the card details and yest there will be some challenges.
Pear Tree Designs Blue
Fab N' Funky Challenges Delight in your digis
Stampin for the weekend Getting Warmed up
Southern Girls Challenge Dry Embossing
Alphabet Challenge Blog M is for Men
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to hear from you really soon.
Southern Girls Challenge Dry Embossing
Alphabet Challenge Blog M is for Men
PaperPlay Challenges Layer it Up
Moving Along With the Times Spring
Raise the Bar Purple, Yellow, Blue
Do You Stack Up? Patterned Paper
The Sisterhood of Crafters Anything Goes
Moving Along With the Times Spring
Raise the Bar Purple, Yellow, Blue
Do You Stack Up? Patterned Paper
The Sisterhood of Crafters Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to hear from you really soon.


Thank you. You did a great job with the coloring and blending tfs!!
ReplyDelete"I echo those same sentiments." ;) I was reading your profile and I may have something over at my blog, The Peddler's Gallery that may interest you. I wrote a book and I have shared a couple pages thus far with my visitors in anticipation of a summer release. Feel free to stop by at www.lorie-thepeddler.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteJoyce... I love this idea of a journal! It is perfect... a way to store your completed projects, idea's, and a way of remembering your creative journey!I love your city! You did a wonderful job! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! (Relax a bit) Happy Creating! Sara
ReplyDeleteHello Joyce. When you get a minute, please can you visit my blog, I have left a little something there for you.
ReplyDeleteLots of love, Sandra xx
lovely card! love the image. Thanks for joining us at PTD, good Luck
ReplyDeletehugs
xx
What a gorgeous creation!! I love the layout of it and the sentiment is fab. His blue outfit is very eye catching!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs - good luck in the challenges!
Lou Mac. xo
Joyce, your coloring is awesome and I do love the city scape scene you created with Edward while he is skateboarding - very clever. I know what you mean about needing more time. Even though I work inside the home, time seems to fly by too fast!
ReplyDeleteFab idea...great colours!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at MAWTT this week, good Luck!
Hugs Shell xx
cool card Joynana, cool image and great colours
ReplyDeletethanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week'
hugs
Miranda
Great work. Supercool dude on skateboard. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.
ReplyDelete-Wenche
Groovy card!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us over at PTD.
Good luck.
Lou x
I love the journal you made. Very clever how you added a street scene with paper. You may start a new 'art' with your journal for the card fronts, as many of us end up with extra cards.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU. Please join us again next week!
Great project. Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar this week.
ReplyDeletethat's wicked - great idea
ReplyDeletekittens DYSU team
Joynana, this is so funky and cool! Absolutely love it, thanks so much for joining us at DYSU! Janna
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colours a really fab image.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in with us for our 'Spring' challenge at MAWTT.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox
Fab journal,love the funky image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
ReplyDeleteandrea
Thanks for playing along in our Heat it up challenge at Crafty Creations this week! Great take on the challenge! Cheers Claire x
ReplyDeleteGreat work! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this gorgeous creation with us over at the Sisterhood of Crafters. We hope to see you playing along in future challenges.
ReplyDeleteJoynana what a great idea! I love the idea of doing an art journal, and this image is adorable. Thank you so much for joining in our color challenge at Raise The Bar this week!
ReplyDelete~*Joni RTB DT