Friday, February 18, 2011

BIRTHDAY WISHES

Happy Friday everyone. Has it seemed like a really long week to anyone else. I love the photography class and I think that I am learning a lot. About f/stops and shutter speeds, lighing and knowing what everything in your menu means. Checking your settings before you start shooting. There is much more to learn. I will be posting some of my photos just as soon as I get some time to get them on the computer. It probably won't be until after this class session ends next week. I will be signing up for more. The class I am in right now is a beginners class and I plan to work at this until I make it to the advanced class. The photographer/teacher is fabulous and funny. He really loves what he does and enjoys sharing it with others. He takes the time to listen to your questions and never makes you fill like you have asked a stupid question. Ok, enough about that.

Since my birthday was on Tuesday, isn't it fun that the challenge at Tellen's Place this week is Birthdays. The DIVA's have had a fun time creating and you can see all of these at Tellens's Place. The challenge is open to all and you don't have to use a Tellen's image, but if you do, you get extra points when we vote. This week Terry is offering a freebie and you get that on the challenge blog. Please remember that there is only one ENTRY per person. If you enter more than once the Divas will not leave a comment on the second entry and it will not be considered in the voting. We love stopping by your blogs to visit and leave a little love.  So stop on by Tellen's and show us your birthday love. The card that I made is done with an image from the 2009 designs. and since it was my birthday it is a card for me and about me.

This image was colored with copics E00, E11, E13, E15, E09,  BV00,BV02, BV04, I used a purple glaze pen on the hat, belt and shoes. The bling balloon is from my stash as is the flowers and brad. The punched edges were sent to me by my team mate Sandra. She is just so sweet. She punched me lots and lots of different shaped pieces and I can't wait to get to them. The DP is Basic Grey (kioshi) I do love this paper and I hate to waste any of it. The it's all bout me stamp is from the $1 bin at Michaels. To make the ME stand out, I used Martha Stewart glitter on it.  the celebrate and it's my party stamps are from a $1 clear stamp set that I think came from Michaels also. Well that is it for this card. And maybe, there are a couple of challenges.

Papertake Weekly Putting on the Glitz
Lollipop Crafts Use your favorite Coloring medium (Copic are mine)
PaperPlay Challenges Use Shine (I used glitter, I guess that qualifies)
Stamp Something Something Funky
I have come to the end of this post. I hope that you have enjoyed your visit and  please come back soon.






6 comments:

  1. Your card is fab!
    Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week and good luck!

    Hugs
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great papers Joyce and the colors really are fascinating together! Of course this Diva ROCKS! Your coloring is awesome and it makes the Diva stand out so well! Love that purple with the border punch - very frilly! I hope you had a wonderful day on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love the sketch and cute image!

    Thanks so much for playing along at stamp something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your **GLITZ**!!
    Thank you so much for joining in the the fun at Papertakes Weekly!!

    See you next week!

    {{HUGS}}

    Karen
    www.creativeyearnings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh! I love this card! The jewel is perfect! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I can't wait to see your awesome pictures! Hope you have a great week! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! Thank you for sharing your talent at Paper Play this week. Love that shine!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.