Sunday, January 22, 2012

5TH BIRTHDAY CARD

Good morning, it is a rather foggy cool morning here in the south. But, I am getting things done. I am in the process of working on my craft room and it has been slow going since I painted the walls about  8 months ago. Storage is my issue. Before, the tornados hit here in April, I was putting together my storage system, (the box cubes (dark wood) I bought at Hobby Lobby, well Hobby Lobby got blowed away with a lot of other property and we still don't have one here in town. So, I have had to drive over 50 miles each way to get to a Hobby Lobby. If you know any thing about me you know that I love a good deal or sale or coupon use. I won't buy a cube without a 40% coupon. and that is another of the reasons that it is taking me so long. Hobby Lobby only allows you to use one coupon per visit. So I normally have to go into the store at least twice when I drive that far.. But, hurray for us, Hobby Lobby will be opening in February not 5 minutes from my home. Oh well, enough about my storage drama and on to my card.

The card that I am showing today is a birthday card made for a special little girl who turned five a few weeks ago. When she was born the doctors' told her parents that she would never walk or talk and that she would not live very long. Well, guess what, she does all of those things. Yes, she has some issues, but she is a sweet loving child who walks and talks and she loves monkeys. So her card had to have a monkey on the front and the envelope. I used several stamps on this card because I wanted it to be special for her. Her aunt told me that her favorite colors were pink and brown. So those are the colors that I chose. One of the stamps was Tilda, from Magnolis stamps. The monkey is from Stampendous. The sentiments stamps are from my stash, I really don't remember who makes them. I know the smaller is a $1 stamp from Michael's. I typed the Happy 5th birthday on my computer.



The images were colored with copics, but I can't find my list to say what they were. The card stock is Bazzill and the DP is My minds eye. I do love how this card turned out.

Stamptacular Sunday Seeing Spots
Secret Crafter Challenge Food and drink (cupcakes)
Crazy 4 Challenges A Childs Birthday Card
C.R.A.F.T Challenge Use  Numbers (5th)
Pixie Dust Studios Going Dotty

Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you have enjoyed your visit.



16 comments:

  1. What a lovely card for a little girl! Cute images. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really cute card, that´s for sure. There´ll be one happy little bunny there soon, who gets this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card. Thanks for sharing it with us at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello this is a great card. Love the images used and the colour combo. I'm sure your special little girl will love it. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there, what a great project for our "Use Numbers" Challenge on CRAFT Challenge! Thanks for playing along this week.

    Good luck and a big Hug from Austria, Elisa (GDT Jan.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card for a blessing of a child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous creation and love the take on the theme this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    hugs Kate xx
    PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card. Great colours and I love the little monkey. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!

    Thanks for joining us 'round' at One Stitch at a Time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet she is going to love it. Your coloring is wonderful.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joynana, what a delightful card for a little five year old girl. So cute. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card for a 5 year old. Love all the different spots both on the card and the design with that cute monkey is adorable;) Love that you've completed the card by using the monkey stamp again for the envelope. Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back sunday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge ..

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous girly card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, thanks for joining in with our round and round challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a cute card. love it

    thanks for joining us at OSAAT, hope to see you next time too.

    my little scrappingcorner
    DT One Stitch Time

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.