Saturday, January 14, 2012

BABY ITS COLD OUTSIDE-LET IT SNOW

I MADE TOP THREE AT CRAFTS 4 ETERNITY

Good morning, I am here with a quick post and I am running a little late. First of all it really feels like winter here in the south. And boy am I cold. It is hard to tell the difference between the cold in Chicago (where I am originally from) and the cold we are experiencing here in the south, it really  reminds me so much of home). So I thought that I would post my winter charms, that were made for the charm swap that I participate in each month. The theme is blue, silver, white and snowflakes.



The technique for the tag is one used by Tim Holtz in the 12 tags of Christmas. I made these smaller that the one I did for his challenge. The snowman is cut from the Joys of the Season cricut cartridge. I used crackle accents on the snowmen and then blue alcohol ink mixed with fixative and rubbed it on the snowmen. For the tag I stamped a snowflake on it several times and then used clear embossing powder and my trusty little heat gun and then went over it with the same mixture as the snowmen. I used blue stickles on the scarf and the beads are a mixture from Michaels and Walmart. The snowflake attached to the charm is actually a christmas tree ornament that I painted with gesso then after it was dry I painted on some modge podge and dipped it in some fine glitter. Once that dried I put on more modge podge and let dry. accented it with a little blue stickles. Well, that is  it for this project. Now, on to the challenges.
Secret Crafter Anything goes with blue
Crazy for Challenges Monochromatic Blues
Crafts 4 Eternity Ice Magic Shades of Blue
The Sisterhood of Crafters Winter card/project
Tuesday Throwdown Baby it's Cold Outside
The Craft Garden Monochromatic (monthly)

I have come to the end of this post and I hope that you have had a nice visit. Please come back, I will be posting a new project soon.


9 comments:

  1. Love them Ms.Joyce!! And the tag is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh a great take on this weeks theme at the Secret Crafter Saturday challenge with this lovely creation, thank you for joining us this week.
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweet but icy tags:) Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW awesome tags & charms! LOVE the color! Try to stay warm ... it is in the teens here (Ohio) today! Brrrrr!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Let It Snow’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, you did a wonderful job especially with the back drop; the snowman is gorgeous! I hope I get one of yours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant creation
    Thanks for joining us for our Anything goes with blue challenge at
    Secret crafter Saturday challenge

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - those are beautiful. Love the shimmer =) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Let It Snow Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tags & charms! Thanks for sharing at Craft 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!!!! That snowman literally makes me shiver. Wonderful job and those charms..... awesome!!!!! LOVE it. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sisterhood of CRafters.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.