Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WHAT'S ON YOUR WORKDESK WEDNESDAY #150

Good morning bloggers, it is that time again. Our fabulous hostess and the person responsible for this event Julia Dunnit over at the Stamping Ground What's on your workdesk Wednesday. It is a time for you to get around to blogs all over the world and see what others are working on each week. I got started a couple of months ago and it has become a necessary part of my week every since. So stop by Julias and take a peek at what others are working on.


This past week I have worked on several different projects and the one thta I have on my desk today is a birthday present for my sister who lives in Georgia. She is an avid scrapbooker (I introduced her to it and she went wild). But, other than the regular scrapbooking she has not ventured out into other forms yet. I aim to change that. This year instead of just making her a special card for her birthday, I am making her a mini album. The papers are from K and Company and that cute bird is going to be the cover. I have the insides done and will work on the photo mats and cover tonight. I will show it next week after it is finished. On the back of the desk is the envelope holding my badge from Julia and some new tools that I got. They are sold to use to make paper flowers look more real. And each piece has a round ball on the ends, each ball a bit bigger than the last. They looked so cool that I had to have them. I also got some new Tim Holt dauber paint that I have not used yet.


.Another view of my desk. On the right are my drawers that hold most of my tools and adhesives and lots of other goodies. On the left side is my smash book kit and photos from Las Vegas that need to be scrap booked.

And here is a closer look at the papers for the mini and the fabulous badge that I received from Julia. I plan to wear it to our upcoming crop and the first person who ask about it gets a special door prize. They won't know what it is for. Well that is it for today. I will try to get around to as many desk as possible this week even if I have to work through the weekend. I have got to go get ready for another work day. See you all soon.

20 comments:

  1. with such a cute bird on the cover that mini can only be gorgeous! your sis is one lucky bird! ;)
    have a happy week!
    france #97

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Bird on your desk this week Joynana! Lucky sis!!I'm well gel! And you have your woyww badge! Mine arrived last week after visiting someone else by mistake. (My postman can't read!) Have a very crafty week! HaPpY WoYwW!
    ((Lyn)) #56

    ReplyDelete
  3. A busy and creative desk with lots of fab projects going on! I especially love the PP with the bird on, its gorgeous :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen #11

    ReplyDelete
  4. That album will be so special, am sure it will be loved. Take care & enjoy this weeks WOYWW snoop! Zo xx 17

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice productive desk & like others i love the bird paper , K&company are one of my favorite papers to work with. Happy crafting Jill #62

    ReplyDelete
  6. wear your badge with pride and i am looking forward to seeing the finished album
    have a fab crafty week and
    happy woyww
    kay #51

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of interesting crafting - love that bird page - Hazel, WOYWW #85 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool an idea is that for the badge at your crop! If you can persuade your winner to join in the nearest WOYWW so she can have a little brag, I can send her a badge too! Lovely idea for your sister...how nice to have you in the 'inspiration' file! The papers are gorgeous, I'm a big fan of K&Co.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A busy desk this week, love that bird page so cute, K&Co are fab... have a happy week, Hugs May x x x x No2

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the turquoise paper with the bird silhouette that's going to be the cover for the album, soooo elegant! If that doesn't get your sister out of the 'scrapbooking only' box, then I don't know what will. Enjoy your crop and I hope you get lots of comments about the badge!!
    Hugs, LLJ #7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both shots are most interesting and that bird cover is delightful.
    The books on the back of my blog are for atc's - will do a tutorial some time soon.
    Thanks for visiting me and for showing us your creative space - Hugs, Neet xx #1 (and for putting your number)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice busy space there - that mini album is looking good! I bet you start a trend at your crop and all the attendees will start joining in next week too! Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great busy desk there, thanks for sharing

    Lisa #112
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what crafty fun I'm seeing on your desk!!!! I love it!! And Smashbooks are AWESOMENESS!! If you're really in to Smashing, there's a Facebook group I belong to called Smash*aholics. You should check them out sometime...soooooo much inspiration there!

    Thanks for taking a peek at my desk!! I posted the reveal of what the covered project was on there if you want to take a look. I hope you like it!

    Amy E. #4
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Joynana, thanks for visiting my desk and giving the Cuttlebug the thumbs up. I found your blog eventually as you forgot to leave your number on my post and you have 4 blogs to choose from!! I'm loving your bird paper BJ #12

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab busy desk and I see the button just like mine, arn't they great.

    Eliza #103

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that little birdie! Happy belated WOYWW #45

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joynana
    Thanks so much for popping in on me! I'm back from my holiday and catching up as far as I can. Great to get your WOYWW badge and so nice to give a prize in relation to it. Maybe more people will join in to see what we all get up to!!?
    I'm sure your book for your sister will be so special and I look forward to seeing it as you make fab books.
    Love joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Joynana! Thanks for coming to see my desk - thought I'd pop along and see yours too! Your sister will love her mini book, so much nicer than a card. I hope you enjoy playing with all your new toys too.

    Take care,

    Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the bird and all the colourful things you have on your desk.
    Thanks for the lovely comment you left me.
    Von #29

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.